Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A first for me

So, I went to the markets at Portside on the weekend and got a bee in my bonnet about making something for the girls, I swore I would never be interested in making clothes... but I may have to eat my words.


The munchkins have a bit of a yucky cold, so this is where they ended up... in my study, come papercrafting space, come sewing room... the poor dears.


... and this is what I did! I had some leftover Amy Butler Daisy Chain that was perfect for this ...(I just went to write little;)J) project. Tahlia has never worn this shirt cos it's not "fancy" (in her words), now she likes it.


Ta da... this is a bit of a big deal for me, as I haven't made an item of clothing since Home Ec in year 11, my mother will have a fit! I don't think I will do this pattern again in a hurry, will try a simpler one for Lara's tomorrow, just a few too many cuts and piecing in this one for me, way too much fabric.. heaps more than necessary, and without an overlocker, I am having issues with the mess of fabric on the inside... so me, control freak! I am also a little concerned that she looks like she's wearing a curtain?? Any thoughts to share, what do you think? A bit too grown up maybe?? Can't quite put my finger on it.


The finishing touch that turned a non "fancy" shirt into something pretty darn special I think.

Have a good one, bye for now :)

No comments: