Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's all in the bag...

Good morning. I have been feeling a little uninspired in my sewing of late, after madly getting all the frilly bags ready for the Kindy fundraiser, I started to do it a little out of necessity rather than enjoyment, so had a little break time from the bags. There are so many thing I SHOULD be doing, like making the girls Christmas outfits and stuff, but yesterday afternoon, I got a bee in my bonnet and an idea in my head to make a bag... just because. So here it is, a fun little shoulder bag, that I made yesterday afternoon... I was madly rushing because I thought the power might go out with the storms.

 

The fabric in this little number is some fun Kokka deer, with a heavyweight canvas-type lining (the fabric starts with O, but I can't quite remember, sorry).

 

I used Heather Bailey's Scrap flower pattern to make the denim flower...

 

 

... and there's a pocket inside for those little everyday things.

I hope your week is off to a good start. Smiles :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very swanky Kathy. Is it a dilly minus the frilly plus a yo yo? :) Jini

Kathy said...

Indeed it is, so maybe it is a yolly dilly yo yo. Let's the base fabric do the talking I reckon!

Jess said...

LOVE THIS BAG!

Mrs Button said...

Beautiful job, Kathy. Love mine and am getting lots of compliments. I need to get a beautiful thank you card from you. Can you email me if you have one, please? Lisa.