Saturday, January 16, 2010

{two cards to share}

I am finding that I am short on two things at the moment, time for creating, and creative inspiration... they work well when missing in action together I guess. I have made a pledge to myself today to create "something" regardless of the little everyday interruptions, so it goes a little like this:
* Pull out cardstock
* Take out a drink to Clint who's mowing the lawn (it's really hot here today)
* Grab out some stamps
* Wipe a bottom (make that 2, because my twins seem to have an uncanny knack of doing EVERYTHING at the same time... too much information, perhaps?...)
* Get my trimmer out on the table
* Fix morning tea for the girls
* Sit down and look at the stuff on my craft table, completely bewildered at what I have put out... I think you get the idea;)

To assist me in my little creative rut, I have been having a quick flick on all of my favourite blogs looking for challenges to help me along. On Maile Belles' blog (man, this lady has awesome creative style!) I found a challenge over at the Embellish Magazine blog.

 

So, not only are these colours completely out of my comfort zone, stripes are also way off for me, so this was indeed a challenge for me. I have made two cards following the guidelines set out over at Embellish.

 

 

 


So, there you have it, two cards, very different to my usual choices in both colours and style, but at least I made something... I am getting worried I am forgetting my craft!

Have a great weekend, thankyou for stopping by, and to those of you who have left me comments over the last while, I do appreciate them;)

Smiles:) and bye for now,
Kathy

Ingredients:
Card 1 - Kraft and Chocolate Chip cardstock from SU!, Purple Bazzill, Little Lady stamp (flower) from Papertrey Ink, Basicgrey's Cup of Tea stamps, Voilet and Pinecone versacube ink, Versamark, EK Success Embossed Scallops Border punch.
Card 2 - Kraft cardstock, Vintage Labels stamps, Scallop Circle punch, Chocolate Chip marker - all from SU!, Kaisercraft stamp (Damask), Pearls from Ruby Rock-it, Patterned paper from Sassafras Lass, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Pinecone versacube ink

12 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

These are wonderful Kathy. I just got that border punch today along with another new one. I cant wait to make a card for this challenge. It sure doesn't look like you are having any creative issues.

Susie said...

Both of your cards are beautiful.

Charlene Austin said...

Wow, if you are in a creative rut I am envious! Your cards are AMAZING. Especially the damask design one....LOVE IT!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the tea theme, and those cute stamps! Great job with the Embellish Mag color challenge!

♥Lea

Dawn said...

Beautiful. The ribbon choice was perfect for the soft shabby chic feel of the cards!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

So very cute! Love the diagonal/diamond stripes! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Tammy said...

Hey Kathy--I hear ya on being short on time lately. Both cards are great, but the second one is my fav!

Jessica said...

Cute card!!! I really like your blog :)

Samantha said...

Very pretty cards! I love the patterns on the second one!

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are pretty! Thanks for playing along with us!

Maile Belles said...

Aaaawwww, thanks Kathy! You did a fabulous job with the challenge, so glad you could play along with us over at Embellish!

Laural-Lee said...

Both cards are beautiful. I can only imagine what you can do when you have more time and mojo! I really like the mellow stripes in your first card. I too avoid stripes whenever possible.