Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another Card Challenge Entry

I stumbled upon this lovely blog today while having a little poke around, and I loved Stacey's cards and creations, so I thought I would have a go at her latest colour challenge.

Here is the piccy that Stacey had posted for round 12 of her challenge... I am a sucker for pinks and browns...

 

... I made two with these colours, first up is a simple little butterfly card...

 

...then I thought I had better tow the line with a Valentine's type card {Valentine's isn't really a big deal here in Australia} The lighter heart is actually Pretty in Pink, but I am having some major difficulty taking decent photos at the moment - everything without the flash just seems to have too much blue in it, I have changed settings and tried all sorts of stuff, but seem to need the flash for a half decent pic... sorry:(

 

Ingredients - Card 1: Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla card, Flight of the Butterfly and Polka Dot background stamps, Rose Red and Pretty in Pink ink, Regal Rose ribbon, corner rounder punch - All from SU!, Pinecone versamark ink, Basicgrey sentiment stamp, pink bazzill, EK Success large corner rounder, Fiskars Border punch.

Card 2: Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink card, Regal Rose ribbon, Polka Dot background stamp - All from SU!, Carla Craft Heart punch, Basicgrey Patterned paper (Nook and Pantry 6 x 6 pad), Ali Edwards Loving Words sentiment stamp.

Have a lovely day, wherever it takes you. Smiles:) bye for now.

Kathy

3 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

your cards are fabulous, kathy! impeccable layouts and use of color:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Anonymous said...

Your two cards are lovely! You used Stacey's Colours really well! Dont know which one I like better! :)

savvy teaching tips said...

Too cute! Great card - if you are interested in more colour challenges, please check out our new challenge blog. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com