Saturday, July 10, 2010

Some More Craftiness

Good morning Blog Friends. So, following on from my last post, yes, I do have two kiddlies, and my Little Lara's request was a little more difficult than Tahlia's pear. Being the horse/unicorn/pegasus...(anything that neighs)... loving kind of cherub, she requested a unicorn. After going into meltdown at the degree of difficulty on this one, I did find a pattern online here (please note that I am now unable to find this on Melissa's website again, but I will give credit where credit's due... this is where it was... I promise).

Ok, so to set the scene, this was made with a corker of a migraine, a bucket on one side of me (leave that one to your imagination) and Lara sitting on the other side saying over and over Is it ready yet, Mummy? Is it ready yet, Mummy? Is it ready yet, Mummy?


It is very basic, I have never done anything quite like this before, I can't even tell you what the type of stitching is that I have done, does it have a technical name? I was just going back and forth trying to make the outline resemble anything remotely close to a unicorn. Lara does love it, it's pink (her favourite colour) and kind of looks like a unicorn, and was her favourite toy... for about a day... sigh...


Well, that said, it is the weekend here, and I am off to make pancakes and scrummy coffees for breakfast. Enjoy your weekend, smiles :-) and bye for now.

3 comments:

Jini said...

Love the new blog layout Kathy, and I personally think the unicorn is pretty spesh. I know the pressure can make it all that much harder....like making a plane, "just like Daddy's" ;)

Cuggles! Kids said...

Wow, you did well! It looks so sweet, very clever. Hope you're feeling better.

Steph said...

Oh she must love her! And what neat stitching. Clever you!!! Glad to have you back in the land of Blog :)