Monday, April 12, 2010

{Thankyou} ... and a new friend...


My spirits were lifted over the weekend when I discovered that the lovely Steph from Mon Petit Poppet sent me this lovely little award. To be considered to be "inspiring, funny, honest, exceptionally talented, creative and quirky, happy and full of le joie de vivre!" is truly special, and I thank you Steph. Please head on over to her lovely blog and soak up some of the delights she has to share, you will be amazed at this girl's talent and joy for life and all things creative!

Now, I have never done anything like this before, so here goes - to keep the ball rolling, I now have to nominate 12 fellow bloggers that bring a smile to my day, so get yourself a nice little cuppa, sit back and enjoy checking out these creative geniuses that help to keep me inspired to create and to blog:

A Little Off Centre
Charlie and Grace
Clare's Craftroom
Cute As Buttons
Dear Lizzy
EmBelIsh
Handmade Heaven
Moonmum
Simply Stamped
The Holdens in Honkers
Time 4 Creativity
Wee Memories

To keep the Sunshine Award travelling throughout blogworld, all you need to do is:
♥ Send a big Thankyou to the person who gave it to you
♥ Copy the award and place it on your blog
♥ Link to the person who nominated you
♥ Pass it along to 12 other bloggers that put a smile on your dial
♥ Enjoy!

Now on a completely different topic, I would like to introduce you to my new best friend...


I have been struggling along with my trusty compact digital for some time now, I had to make the choice at Christmas between a DeLonghi Cappucino maker or a Digital SLR, and seeing as my girls regularly rise between 4 and 5 am, I went for the DeLonghi option {and I ♥ it}, as I am sure you can appreciate.

When my Compact starting playing up a couple of weeks ago, I finally HAD TO make the decision to trade up... oh, how tough on me I hear you saying... I know, I know, I'll be ok though... hee hee. So here he is, he's just so pretty... I am sooo hoping you see an improvement in my photos now, otherwise I will feel like a bit of a twit, as I always blame my camera... odds are that it's actually me!

Well, that's it from me for today, thanks for checking in, I do promise a post with something I have made by the end of the week! Bye for now
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Aww your so sweet!! :D Im so glad my blog makes you smile, that makes me feel good!! I love visiting your blog and your wonderful creations! :) I love your new camera, awesome... so sad that your old one started acting up hehe. I would be heartbroken too! lol ;)

Ali said...

Ahh, thank you so much Kathy - you just made my day :D So nice to be included in that list of lovely blogs!
(I kinda am missing my blog at the moment ... but enjoying a little break nonetheless)
thanks again! :)

elizabeth kartchner said...

thanks!! you're so sweet to think of me... made my day!

love your blog!

belinda.moonmum said...

Thank you so much Kathy! Blog love from other paper-people makes my day :)

Maile Belles said...

Thank you Kathy!!! You are such a dear!